The Ultimate Inhibitor & Lubricant for Extreme Environments
S2S PLID HD Thick Film Introduction
Extra thick PLID HD Thick Film
was formulated for use in the most extreme
environments for long lasting protection against
moisture and corrosion, made for Industry.
S2S PLID HD is a corrosion inhibitor, penetrant,
marine lubricant for ferrous and non-ferrous
metals. It has excellent adhesion to metal
surfaces and resists splash, spray and complete
submersion. S2S HD will adhere to materials
from -35°C to 55°C and shows no signs of product
breakdown or separation up to 120°C.
PLID HD Thick Film Salt Water Resistant
S2S HD is the thickest, longest lasting formula
in the PLID product line. After 1000 hours in the
ASTM B117-18 salt spray test, S2S HD remained
intact with fresh metal under the thick coating.
HD is recommended in harsh environments or
when you simply want to coat an area and have it
protected for decades.
PLID HD Application Guide
Personal Protection Equipment
Organic vapor respirator cartridge, Tyvek suit,
non-slip oil resistant gloves, safety glasses or
protective eyewear, work boots.
- Use a good quality foam roller.
- For best results, apply when temperatures are
between 37° - 15°C (100° - 60°F).
- Can be used with 5-gallon pail.
- A simple, inexpensive application option but
time consuming over large areas.
- Airless Sprayer must be able to flow at least 1 gallon per minute.
- Airless tips can range from a 315 – 521, based on temperature.
- For best results, apply when temperatures are between 37° - 15°C (100° - 60°F).
- When temperatures are below 15° - 4°C (60° - 40°F), a bigger pump will be needed. We
recommend using a 30:1, with a hopper field, and a 3/8" hose no longer than 75m (225'), with
a 1 m (3') whip line at 6 mm (1/4"). Tip size will
need to be 317-521.
- In colder temperatures, band heaters must be used, with insulated lines.
- Pump pressure should never go over 60 or 3000 psi in the lines.
Recommended for spraying S2S HD
- Must have a working pressure of 20-40 psi.
- When temperatures are between 37° - 21°C (100° - 70°F), use 20 psi in up flow or bottom
feed pot, with a 15 m (50') hose. Spray guns
with D or E setups or 64 66 with air caps that
match with same air atomizing air pressure
will result in a uniform spray pattern.
- When temperatures are between 21° - 10°C
(70° - 50°F), use 40 psi.
- When temperatures are below 10°C (50°F)
bottom feed pot will need to be used.
For best results, never use more than 60 psi or
air bubbles will result.
- In temperatures below 5°C (42°F), heaters will
need to be used in order to obtain
- Before spraying, remove all debris, dirt,
moisture, soap and degreaser.
- In order to minimize overspray, always have the nozzle of the gun at a 90° angle.
- To reach desired thickness, make 2 – 3 passes.
- Ideal coat is 250 - 400 microns (10 – 16mm) thick.
- Pour all remaining HD back into container and cover.
- Use warm water and soap to thoroughly clean spray equipment.
- If spray equipment will be used for another
application of S2S products, a thorough
cleaning of the lines is not necessary. However,
if spray equipment will be going into storage,
clean thoroughly and allow soapy water to
remain in lines in order to avoid clogging.
Removal of S2S Wet Films
- Use high PH soap to break the polar bond.
- Pressure washer without use of High PH soap
will not remove the products.
PLID HD Standard Application Method
S2S Wet films are easy to apply, they can be brushed on, rolled on sprayed on with almost any type of spray applicator. HD requires higher pressure and a larger tip to spray properly. There is no need to clean out your spray equipment after a spray session as the product remains wet and lubricates ready for the next application even if it months away. The product is easy to remove with a high PH soap, high pressure water alone will not remove the product until soap is added to break the polar bond to the metal.
PLID HD Fill and Drain Method of Application
Any of the S2S wet films can be applied using this fill and drain method. This is perfect for rudders and voids. All recovered product can be used again and will not degrade. Several voids can be daisy chained from one space to the next, this is a simple effective way of treating a series of voids without complicated time consuming equipment.
For further advice about the range of PLID HD Thick Film, PLID Thin Film, Industrial Thick Film, Float Coat or PLID Wrap, give us a call on (03) 9587 6022
or drop us a line! EMAIL US