S2S PLID THIN FILM – TOTAL PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE
The Best Anti-Corrosion, Anti-Seize Lubricant & Penetrant
S2S PLID Thin Film Introduction
S2S PLID Thin Film seeps beneath the surface of metal providing superior corrosion protection. This product has the highest dielectric, to 40kV and so excellent for protecting electrical circuitry, electronics and stopping electrolysis.
S2S PLID Thin Film can be used on steel, steel
alloy, stainless steel, galvanized, aluminum,
tin, iron and copper. It has excellent adhesion
to metal surfaces and resists splash, spray and
complete submersion. PLID Thin Film shuts down
corrosion and electrolysis and has a dielectric
strength of 40,000 volts. It can be applied to
materials from -35°C to 150°C.
S2S PLID Thin Film provides high performance
protection from water and corrosive
Advanced Thin Film Technology for Motors
- Penetrates existing rust and corrosion.
- Shuts down rust cells and halts electrolysis.
- Displaces moisture.
- Provides protection from water and corrosive contaminants.
- Works as a liquid descaler.
- Strong electromagnetic attraction to metals,
like a magnet to steel, ensures adhesion long
after other products disappear. Dielectric to
- Safe and effective for electronics, radios, circuit
boards, electric motors, etc.
Protection for Circuit Boards
Use on integrated and printed circuit boards,
conductors, connectors, contacts, electric
connections, electric motors, wires, fasteners,
screws, nuts and bolts, etc.
Protect valuable electronic equipment and electrical components with S2S Thin Film from corrosion.
Electronics - Avoid Replacement Parts & Service Costs
A significant cause of electric component failure
Corrosion in electronic components is insidious
and cannot be readily detected. When corrosion
failure occurs, it is often dismissed as just a
failure and the part or component is replaced.
The most common reasons for corrosion related
failure are atmospheric humidity and
PLID Thin Film Performance
|Specific Gravity @15.6°C
|Viscosity @40°C, cSt
|Flash Point (COC), °C
|Fire Point, °C
|Pour Point, °C
|8mm Hg at 25°C
PLID Thin Film Available Sizes
- Aerosol 180g; box of 12
- 20 litre pail (5 gal)
- 205 litre drum (55 gal)
- 5 in 1 Wipes 10 Sachets 250mm x 300mm per carton
PLID Thin Film Application Guide
Personal Protection Equipment
Organic vapor respirator cartridge, Tyvek suit,
non-slip oil resistant gloves, safety glasses or
protective eyewear, work boots.
- Use a good quality foam roller.
- For best results, apply when temperatures are
between 37° - 15°C (100° - 60°F).
- Can be used with 5-gallon pail.
- A simple, inexpensive application option but
time consuming over large areas.
- Airless Sprayer must be able to flow at least 1 gallon per minute.
- Airless tips can range from a 315 – 521, based on temperature.
- For best results, apply when temperatures are between 37° - 15°C (100° - 60°F).
- When temperatures are below 15° - 4°C (60° - 40°F), a bigger pump will be needed. We
recommend using a 30:1, with a hopper field, and a 3/8" hose no longer than 75m (225'), with
a 1 m (3') whip line at 6 mm (1/4"). Tip size will
need to be 317-521.
- In colder temperatures, band heaters must be used, with insulated lines.
- Pump pressure should never go over 60 or 3000 psi in the lines.
Recommended for spraying S2S HD
- Must have a working pressure of 20-40 psi.
- When temperatures are between 37° - 21°C (100° - 70°F), use 20 psi in up flow or bottom
feed pot, with a 15 m (50') hose. Spray guns
with D or E setups or 64 66 with air caps that
match with same air atomizing air pressure
will result in a uniform spray pattern.
- When temperatures are between 21° - 10°C
(70° - 50°F), use 40 psi.
- When temperatures are below 10°C (50°F)
bottom feed pot will need to be used.
For best results, never use more than 60 psi or
air bubbles will result.
- In temperatures below 5°C (42°F), heaters will
need to be used in order to obtain
- Before spraying, remove all debris, dirt,
moisture, soap and degreaser.
- In order to minimize overspray, always have the nozzle of the gun at a 90° angle.
- To reach desired thickness, make 2 – 3 passes.
- Ideal coat is 250 - 400 microns (10 – 16mm) thick.
- Pour all remaining HD back into container and cover.
- Use warm water and soap to thoroughly clean spray equipment.
- If spray equipment will be used for another
application of S2S products, a thorough
cleaning of the lines is not necessary. However,
if spray equipment will be going into storage,
clean thoroughly and allow soapy water to
remain in lines in order to avoid clogging.
Removal of S2S Wet Films
- Use high PH soap to break the polar bond.
- Pressure washer without use of High PH soap
will not remove the products.
General Application Procedure
- Use PLID Thin film on all cracks, welds
and bolts before general application, for deep
- Choose S2S PLID HD or S2S PLID Industrial
for overall application, depending on the
- If there is heavy scaling, apply S2S PLID Thin
liberally over the scales and after 2 weeks they
should fall off, then re-apply over the area with
S2S PLID HD.
- Apply thicker coat over known problem areas
and bottom quarter of interior hull walls.
- When coating extremely old, porous metal,
double up on the coating thickness. S2S has a
tendency to penetrate right into the pores of
the metal leaving nothing on the surface.
Procedure for units with heavy rust scale
- Proceed as above but allow more time and
volume of PLID FC to soak into the rust scale. A
second up & down cycle may be prudent.
- Note: Be aware, after a few months the
rust scale will delaminate and begin falling off,
which may cause clogging of pump screens
A second application may be required after
a year or so as most rust scale will have fallen
off, leaving unprotected metal.
- Note: The PLID FC that is left sitting in the
bottom of the unit will seep and cover bare
spots that may be caused as minor rust scales
detach and fall off. In this manner, self-healing
will continuously occur.
- PLID FC may be used as a liquid descaler.
Apply as above and check in a year’s time.
Bolts, Flanges, Pipes and Pipe Lines
- S2S PLID INDUSTRIAL
- Flange painting spec. If the flanges are to be
painted, a porous paint should be used so S2S
can penetrate through to the surface of the
- A cheap primer works well.
- The procedure below is the same for painted or
- Apply a heavy coat of S2S on the face of the
flanges to be mated.
- Apply in the flange bolt holes and on the
flange around the holes where the bolt head
and washers will seat.
- Coat all bolts (under the heads as well) and
washers (if any) and install through holes in
- Coat any washers, going under the nuts and
- Once completed as above, it is good practice
to coat the entire exterior of the flange
assembly with S2S PLID Industrial.
- NOTE: Torque specifications will need to be
adjusted for lubricated bolts.
- S2S works well as an assembly lube on O-rings
and others requiring an assembly lube.
- NOTE: If the piping has a CP system installed,
a check to be sure the current is passing through the joint is necessary; if it is not
passing through, a jumper may need to be
- If the entire pipeline is coated with S2S,
there is no need for cathodic protection
for the exterior of the piping.
- To ensure long term protection and a thorough
coating of the inner fibers, an initial application
of S2S PLID Thin is recommended.
- S2S PLID Industrial can be used as a top
coating for harsher environments.
- Can be treated by spraying during cable
- Can be dunked in a tank or drum of S2S.
- Some customers leave cable soaking in a tank
when cable not in use, during off season.
- S2S will keep cable lubricated and fully flexible
and does not need to be removed like
traditional cable grease.
- S2S may be sprayed or brushed on chains.
- S2S will creep into the difficult to reach areas
- One application method is to use a crane to
hoist chain above a tank and slowly lower the
chain as the links are coated.
- Another method is to lay chain out on a
plastic sheet and apply on the ground with
brush or sprayer, then flip the chain to
coat opposite side.
- Do not over coat the chain or excess product
will become airborne during deployment.
- S2S PLID Industrial may be applied over
existing paint and rust.
Electrical & Electronics
- Apply S2S directly to circuit boards.
- Apply S2S to wires and breakers with power
- S2S should eliminate electrical and electric
failure due to corrosion.
- If untreated electronics are accidently
submerged in water, keep in water until able to
treat with S2S PLID Thin film, then remove
electronics from water and spray with S2S
PLID Thin film until coated. This will displace
moisture and salt, keeping the item rust free.
PLID Thin Film Standard Application Method
S2S Wet films are easy to apply, they can be brushed on, rolled on sprayed on with almost any type of spray applicator. No need to clean out your spray equipment after a spray session as the product remains wet and lubricates ready for the next application even if it months away. The product is easy to remove with a high PH soap, high pressure water alone will not remove the product until soap is added to break the polar bond to the metal.
PLID Thin Film Fill and Drain Method of Application
Any of the S2S wet films can be applied using this fill and drain method. This is perfect for rudders and voids. All recovered product can be used again and will not degrade. Several voids can be daisy chained from one space to the next, this is a simple effective way of treating a series of voids without complicated time consuming equipment.
PLID Thin Film - Deep Penetration
PLID Thin penetrates deep, watch it get to the core of this tightly bound steel cable protecting it from the middle out. For extra protection use the thicker films as a top layer, cable remains rust free and fully flexible!
PLID Thin Film - Great Penetrant and Lubricant
Watch the PLID Thin film creep up the metal, this is the self healing action caught on camera. This is why the Plid Thin film makes a great penetrant, creeping up rested bolts leaving them fully lubricated.
PLID Thin Film - Made for Industry
SHIP 2 SHORE PLID Thin Film is perfect in protecting from rust and corrosion in a wide range of industries including
maritime, navy vessels, submarines, amphibious vehicles, ships, workboats, tugboats, barges,
mining & resources
military & security
agricultural, farming equipment, food processing,
public utilities, plant & equipment, transport
recreational, sailing boats, motor vehicles.
Also dielectric moisture prevention in electronics, circuit boards, switches, connectors, wiring and tools.
For further advice about the range of Thin Film, Industrial Thick Film, Thick Film, Float Coat or PLID Wrap, give us a call on (03) 9587 6022
or drop us a line! EMAIL US